Thursday, June 27, 2013

Girls Weekend, complete with a visit to Bridals by Lori

       Last weekend I went to Atlanta to visit my Aunt with my Best Friend/Maid of Honor to have an epic girls weekend. We did the LivingSocial 5k Dance Party which was an absolute blast!
        We also marked several things off of the wedding planning to-do list, which was a relief. I got the needed supplies to make my veil, my garters, table numbers and a few other decoration basics.
         The biggest thing we marked off the list though was buying (well putting down money) on my dress!
           Eeeeek! 
I am sooooo soooo excited about my dress!
 The original plan was to just go look at Bridals by Lori, because lets face it that's every girls dream now. Then I was going to purchase a dress I had previously tried on. Well, I tried on about 8 dresses at Bridals by Lori, and I ended up really liking one of them.
 Long story short....
we all liked it, 
we debated the price, 
we debated the first time customer discount 
and how much we would save if we bought it right then, 
they put a veil on me, 
I walked the "runway" (you know the one every girl walks on in the show), 
every girl working the floor awed at me because apparently 
the dress I ended up loving was brand new and no one had tried it on yet, 
I literally felt like every eye in the room was on me...
even with other girls strutting around in wedding gowns,
I cried like a baby cause I loved the way the dress looked on me, 
we debated the length (it was a millimeter too short, but it was also not the right size), 
and eventually after a lot of debating we agreed it was time to
 SAY YES TO THE DRESS. 

I never in a million years thought I would get my wedding dress at Bridals by Lori, but man their customer service was amazing and their gowns are just so stunning. Also to put a cherry on top of the whole day Lori herself told me I was beautiful not once but twice! 

           I found out later that day that the other store I visited discontinued the dress I had previously picked, and that there was no way to get it anymore. Thank goodness I had decided on another dress because I would have been absolutely devastated otherwise, and I really think I will be much happier in my dress :) I am so excited to revel my dress...but that's gonna have to wait for a while...Like over a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment