Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hello Sunshine

       This past weekend was absolutely not what I expected. I planned on going home and having a date night with Cole Friday night, spending the day with mom Saturday, having a girls night Saturday night and going out on the boat with some friends Sunday. Most of my plans happened but they all ended up with some strange twist to them.
        Friday I did drive home, through treacherous downpour. I was super duper excited to be having a date night with my boo. We decided to try out a local sushi and hibachi buffet restaurant that we had heard a lot of positive things about. It wasn't terrible but I would prefer to go to a sushi bar for some freshly made rolls, and a hibachi restaurant that cooks in front of you. But that being said it wasn't awful and the service was good, I think I just have a personal issue with buffets, I don't like not knowing how long ago the food was cooked and put out. The plan for after dinner was to originally go home and watch a movie....
        Well that changed instead we ended up watching the sun set out on Lake Murray and hitting a few bars that are right on the lake with a few friends.
The gorgeous view of the sunset

Cole and I riding on the boat, which is why my hair is crazy looking. 

The boys smoking cigars

Cole with his cigar and a drink
    We didn't get off the water until around 3am...Then we got up early Saturday morning so I could go cowboy boot shopping...which was unfruitful, I found a pair I loved but I decided against them cause I would have been kind of restricted on what I could wear with them, and the other pair I have been looking at were not in stock in my size at the store so unfortunately I walked away empty handed.
These are the said boots that I loved, I may end up ordering these later! 
Once we were done boot shopping I made a super drastic change I went from being a super dark brunette to being a blonde, which I swore I would never do again, but I must say I LOVE IT! I am so happy with the way it turned out.

Now...
 
Before....





















     


                   

                    The rest of Saturday was full of girl pampering time, including pedicures....my toenails are now a lovely lavender shade that apparently reminds people of Easter....Saturday night my mom, Deidre (my Bestie since Freshman year of high school) and I went out to dinner then Deidre and I started our girls night...which we thought was going to be just a wine and a movie kind of night. Literally 2 minutes into the movie i got a phone call from Cole... The call basically goes like this: 
  Cole: "hey, what are yall doing"
Me: "nothing watching a movie"
Cole: "Do you guys want to go to a house party?"
Me: "uh I dont know, ....'Deidre do you want to go to a house party?'.....Sure we want to go?!"
Cole: "Ok be ready I am on my way to pick you guys up!"
     Can you talk about random? We seriously ended up in the middle of no where and mine and Deidres night, well I guess morning ended in us watching the sun rise on Lake Murray while we danced to the cupid shuffle on a boat...It doesn't matter how calm of a night we plan to have we always end up having some crazy story to tell. 
Best Picture of the Weekend, Deidre doing the Cupid Shuffle
 at Sunrise on Lake Murray
         Deidre, the friends we were with and I went back to the house slept for a few hours, then literally got up and went back out on the lake for the rest of the day. We ended our weekend eating dinner at San Jose, a local mexican joint where almost all of us looked like we were going to fall asleep in our food from sheer exhaustion, and possibly alcohol for some.

          This weekend was definitely one for the record books, and it is for sure a weekend full of memories we will be talking about for the rest of our lives. 


2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of Chase Puryear a.k.a Randomness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yeah I gathered that much...it was definitely a good time.

      Delete