Monday, September 2, 2013

College GameDay at Clemson!

          Cole and I had a house full of people staying with us this weekend. Not only was it Labor Day weekend but it was also Clemson's season opening football game. The game was huge...ESPN was here for College GameDay. Clemson played the University of Georgia, which is a rare occurrence. Both Georgia and Clemson are ranked in the top 10 in the BCS poll. The game was Saturday night, which is also a rare occurrence for Clemson home games, most of our games are noon or three o'clock games. So this weekend was huge here!
             Our friends from Columbia all came in on Friday night, we grabbed dinner and goofed off like we always do with our "Columbia" friends. Then we all got up Saturday and got ready to tailgate. We got on campus around noon, went by Bowman Field where College GameDay was being filmed. Cole and I bought some Gameday shirts, which are awesome! We ran into a few friends we hadn't seen in a while and then we headed to our friends tailgate. We spent the day eating, drinking and sweating our asses off. Saturday was sooo hot, thankfully it rained, which cooled it down a lot. Cole and I were lucky enough to have tickets for the game so we went into the game....After we walked all the way back to our house cause I am an idiot and grabbed my license instead of my student ID, and the gate people at the stadium wouldn't let me in without it. Thankfully we booked it home, and got back and into the game by the beginning of the second quarter. I am sooooo glad we decided to go back to the house and get my ID instead of just tailgating with everyone because it was one hell of a game to witness. Clemson beat Georgia 38-35 and the game was a serious nail-biter the whole time!
            Sunday our friends, Cole and I went and ate at our favorite restaurant, SideTracked (if you are ever in or around Clemson you need to go eat at this place, it is seriously the best home-cooked Southern food ever!). Then we bid farewell to our friends as they headed back to Columbia. I spent my Sunday afternoon napping recovering from the day before. 

All in all it was a great weekend and it made me very excited to see where our football team will go this year! Go Tigers :)

**Pictures were taken this weekend but I will have to put them up later once I get them from the people who took them**

No comments:

Post a Comment