Friday, September 20, 2013

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

      Cole and I have a pretty regular schedule. I get up with him in the mornings and hitch a ride to campus. Cole drives right by campus to go to work so it just made sense to save money on a parking pass and carpool. So since I ride with him, I just hang around on campus doing homework (or procrastinating) until he gets off. When  we get home, we walk Dusk and feed him. Depending on how hyper he is his walk may be replaced with a long walk or a run. Regardless Dusk is very used to our schedule. Well Wednesday I stayed on campus til pretty late so I could study with a friend for a Steel Design test I had Thursday morning. I had Cole come pick me up around 9pm.
       As soon as I get in the car Cole asks me if I checked my email recently and when I say no he says I need to. Well I get wrapped up in studying and getting my stuff ready for the next day and totally forgot to check my email. Cole asks me again if I have checked it...at this point I feel like it's pretty important to check my email.
       I open my inbox to see I have an email from Cole, which I expected. I open it and all it says is "I think someone is waiting for you. lol" with a picture attached.
    
         My heart melted as soon as I opened that email. First because lets be serious my dog is soooo cute, and he is clearly attached to me. And I to him. But my heart also melted at the fact that Cole took the time out to capture this sweet, vulnerable moment of my baby missing me, and then go even further to share it with me right as it happened. Even if I didn't see it til after I came home. I seriously have the sweetest boys ever in my life. 
           

No comments:

Post a Comment