Friday, February 20, 2015

5TF is back!!

          Since I am getting back into the swing of things, and trying to get back into regularly blogging I am bring back the old Five Things Friday posts. If you haven't read the previous 5FTs the posts are basically a summary of five things that are relevant to my life right now, that I think are worth noting on here, weather it be a life milestone, a current obsession or a viral video I saw this week. So lets go ahead and jump into this Friday's five things.



1.
This week has been abnormally cold, like upstate South Carolina got in the single digits almost every evening this week...we even got a small ice storm Monday afternoon, the picture above may look like snow but it is literally all ICE. So this week I have been been wearing my fur lined moccasin slippers, or my 3 button "ugg" boots...and I have been putting all our fuzzy soft throw blankets around the house to good use.  So my 1st THING is warm fuzzy things to make these frigid nights a little more bearable. 

2. 
This Valentines was  our first Valentine's day being married and my love surprised me good, with my new beautiful Orchid, this sweet gesture was definitely one of the highlights of this week! 

I mentioned the other week that I really wanted to eventually get an orchid, because I think they are sooo pretty. My love actually spent the morning working on a vehicle for a friend so imagine my surprise when I opened our front door for him in the afternoon to see beautiful purple orchids. To top it off another bud bloomed today! I don't exactly have a green thumb...actually I don't even have little inkling of a green thumb so I was very excited to see it bloom more as the week has gone on.



3. 
Our "Valentine's Date" was definitely a favorite of the week. It was very impromptu. I mad us some spaghetti squash chicken Alfredo, and my lovie and I binge watched Bates Motel....and also drank a few bottles of wine and ate some double chocolate cookies (you know the chocolate dough ones with chocolate chips!? my fave!)....We really enjoyed having a little date night at home, where we didn't have to deal with the crowds out on the town, or spending a ridiculous amount of money.  


4. 
Our fur babies have been in a realm of absolute hyperness this week, Dusk especially. He has been antagonizing Cali, running through the house drifting around the corners of the hardwood floors through the house, and acting like a Tazmanian devil rolling around our bed. The video above was one afternoon when we were playing around with him. He was going crazy on our bed, and we covered him with the comforter to see what he would do since he was so hyper... it was rather entertaining. 

5.
Google Chromecast is a serious favorite in our household right now. We watch Netflix and Youtube on our TV on the daily... So much so that we basically don't even use our cable anymore. In fact we are thinking about dropping our cable that is how little we watch it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment