Thursday, February 12, 2015

Life Reinvented

Jeez, I can't believe I haven't posted in so long. I have a tendency to slip from posting when life gets busy, and that's exactly what happened again. However this time is because I have been caught up in a whirlwind and it has totally transitioned my life.

Last time I posted I was a fresh doe-eyed college graduate, counting down the days til I married the love of my life, and I was casually looking for a job while I stressed about planning the wedding of our dreams and spent as much time with family as I could while I had the unlimited free time. 

I am now employed full-time, in my degree field, at a company that I absolutely love. To top that off my job gives me the opportunity to use my creative side, and mess with Photoshop! I work with great guys, I started in August and I already feel like I have been there forever. 

I am a married woman now, My love and I officially tied the knot September 20th 2014! We dreamed of our wedding day for years and reality was a million times better than anything we could have ever dreamed of. Our wedding day was amazing. We were surrounded by so much love, the people in our life that helped shape and cultivate our marriage, and it was amazing to have everyone there to support us and celebrate such a huge step in our lives.

After our wedding we went on an amazing 11 day honeymoon. We spent three days in Puerto Rico and then got on a cruise for 7 days. We stopped in St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Kitts, St. Marteen and St. Lucia. We had an absolute blast...in our 7+ years together our honeymoon was our first vacation alone...we normally choose to spend our vacation time with our family or some of our good friends. It  was refreshing to spend get out and explore together. We loved it!! I have a boatload of photos to share at some point!

Once we got back into the swing of life after or trip we got launched right into the holiday season. It proved to be a busy one. We got to spend thanksgiving with my mans family in Charlotte. We hustled up to Ohio to my sister's house on Christmas Eve and we got to watch our niece's and baby nephew enjoy Christmas morning, which was an amazing experience. It was awesome!! 

It has been hectic but my love and I are trying our best to change our dietary lifestyle as well. We have basically removed all frozen foods and processed foods from our diet...when we go to the grocery store we try and stick to fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, fresh seafood, meats and dairy. We basically just shop the perimeter of the grocery store. We still indulge in tasty foods, but we are cooking at home a lot more, and are cooking a lot healthier.

I look forward to see how our lives will change over the next few months. Updates will follow on here. I plan to get more regular with postings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment