Thursday, April 19, 2012

Disk Golf

       I never in my life ever heard of the game Disk Golf until I started college. I had heard it being thrown around in conversations and had seen pictures of the holes through out college but I never ventured out to play it or even knew someone who had played it...until now. Disk Golf is just like it sounds...you play it like regular golf: there are 18 holes, and your goal is to make it in the hole (in disk golf the hole is a basket attached to a pole with chains hanging down) with at least a par, but instead of hitting a golf ball you throw disks...which are glorified Frisbees. 
        It has quickly become a weekly event for a group of us at work. I guess it came about during lunch because on nice days we would sit outside. Well a lot of the time we would finish eating pretty early and play Frisbee in the parking lot to pass time until our break was over, which I am sure is quite a sight for all the other people that work in the building we work in. During one of those lunch breaks a discussion came up about disk golf, and well we decided "what the hell, lets go play sometime." We conveniently have a course that is literally less than five minutes from our work that is free to play at you just have to provide your own disks.
        The first time we had gone to play Anna (my roommate) and I sucked, horribly...we still suck now, but not quite so horribly. Anyways, this is the third week we have played and we are honestly getting better, and it really is a lot of fun, so fun that some of us played three times this week! There is always something to laugh about when we get together. A lot of the time it is because we suck, someone did/said something stupid or someone [me] threw a disk in the lake. The said disk wasn't my disk either...I felt awful, so awful that the next time I had my own disks to play with so I wouldn't lose anyone else's disks. I guess the point of this post is that I am glad that I was enlightened about disk golf and finally tried it because it is a fun and interesting game. For all of you that haven't heard of or played it I recommend it! Go by a 10$ disk, find a course near by (hopefully its free) and go try it out!

-Stacey

Don't forget keep reading Poppies, Puppies and Pearls! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment