Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Introducing Dusk:


                If you happen to know me, there is a 99.999% chance you have heard stories about my dog Dusk. No his name is not Dust (I get asked that all the time!). It is DUSK…Yes I know it is an odd name, but there is a story behind the name. He is from a litter of puppies my parents’ dog had when I was a senior in high school. The litter was full of different colored puppies; several black and white, a black and brown, a neat brown one and one little tiny blonde one. Well I got to keep one of them, and since I am a sucker for the little itty bitty runts I chose the little tiny blonde one. He was just too cute to pass off to someone else! Well anyways this little guy had a microscopic black patch of fur at the base of his ear (another thing I just couldn’t resist about him along with his adorable white chest and paws). One day it dawned on me to name him Dusk since he had a blonde shiny fur coat (that reminds me of the sun) with that little black spot (signifying the night), and since Dusk is the time during the day where the day shifts to night I thought it was perfect! My family and I all thought eventually his little black spot would grow out and turn blonde but to this day and four birthdays later the spot has stayed the same if not gotten bigger.
Dusk was kind of a mystery dog since his mom was a mutt we weren’t sure what exactly he had in his gene pool.  I was banking on him looking like a lab but boy was I wrong, he is all Beagle!  Even down to the bark, the sniffing and the stubbornness that is associated with beagles. So much so that I am often asked what breed of beagle he is, and I just politely smile and respond “oh he’s just a mutt!” I never ever wanted a beagle but I must say I love him and all his beagle-y aspects. He is a very calm mannered dog, but gets these random burst of energy that are hilarious for anyone that happens to be around to view it. He is also a big chicken when it comes to people (mostly strange guys) but he loves anything with four legs, seriously anything…including goats. His favorite things to do are to go out for runs (he runs faster than me…he kicks my butt when we go for runs).

If you stay tuned to Poppies, Puppies and Pearls I can guarantee you that there will be many a stories about good ole’ dusky boo. Old and New.

-Stacey and Dusk 

No comments:

Post a Comment