Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Best Buds

           I am doing a Co-Op near Charlotte working with an engineering company, and to say I was freaking out trying to find a place to stay is an understatement. Either everything was way too expensive, or everything was way too far away from the office I would be working at. Not only did I have no idea about the area, I also had very little to spend on rent since I planned on saving as much as I could. The one place that I did find in my price range I attempted to visit, I even made an appointment to see an apartment. Cole and I drove all the way up to the apartment to see what it looked like to find out it was CLOSED. Now how in the world you make an appointment with someone on a day your closed still baffles me...I was livid. I called the company and rescheduled to come again, the apartment was decent, the deposit and the increased rent for the short lease was decent but not great...my head was spinning trying to figure out how to save as much as I could. Again I was freaking out, huge changes in my life seem to do that too me, especially when I have no idea what to expect.
             Now I believe in fate and that everything happens for a reason, and if I didn't believe in that before I definitely do now. During my frantic searching and a billion phone calls and very aggravating visits to sub-par apartment complexes I had been conversing back and forth with the lady that interviewed me for the job. She responded to me one day saying that another lady at work was looking for a roommate, and gave me her email address.  I proceeded to email back and forth with this said lady, during which I learned her name was Anna, that the rent would be much cheaper than anywhere I had found and that she had a dog too. Anyways, we decided to meet, so that we could see how her dog, Bella, and Dusk got along, and also to meet each other. I drove 2.5 hours out of the way on the way home to meet her at the place she was renting. On that long drive I had a ton of thoughts going through my mind, am I crazy? How old is this Lady? and many others...but boy am I glad I went. We seriously spent two hours talking, about school, our dogs, our families, and anything else you could think of. I found out she is only a few years older than me, she just graduated from Clemson and our dogs got along really well! Needless to say I decided to move in with her and it was probably one of the best decisions of my life. We get along really well and have honestly become really close friends. Our few months living together we have done a lot together, she convinced me to start learning how to play guitar, we have gone line dancing a few times, we have gone to visit each others home towns, met each others families, and we have had plenty of girl nights! I am so thankful that having her as a roommate was my fate, because it has truly been a fantastic experience that I don't think I would have gotten with anyone else. We mesh together sooo well, and have very similar senses of humor.  Not only have I gained a great friend, Dusk has as well he loves Bella.
            Sadly our adventures as roommates is going to end short, she has accepted another job. I am very excited to see her happy and excited about being out in the field doing road construction, but her and Bella will be greatly missed. I am however confident that we will stay in touch and continue to be good friends, because well I just can't let a friendship like this slip out of my hands.


Some things I'm really gonna miss:


  • Listening to Anna play guitar, I think Dusk will miss this too. She always puts him to sleep when she plays. 


  •  Playing ball with Dusk and Bella, they love it! They are so much fun to watch cause you can tell they have a blast, and love each other. It won't be the same with out Bella. 


  •  Going to the little coffee shop in Waxhaw after a long day's work and chit chatting for hours. 


  •  Going out on the town with all the girls (The photo is from the Matt Nathenson Concert)  

No comments:

Post a Comment