Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My Favorite Time of the Year!


     When I was younger I swore that Summer was the absolute best, but things change! Summer is great and all but the ridiculous heat in SC sometimes puts a damper on all fun outdoor events. As I have grown older my fondness of Fall has grown exponentially, to the point that now Fall is my absolute favorite season. There are several (silly and realistic, and in no particular order) reasons as to why it is my favorite:
1. I love the changing of the leaves
           I don't know why but I have always loved watching the leaves slowly change from green to all the different shades of  yellow, orange and red through the fall. I always try to take a few minutes during the fall to real soak in the vivid colors and enjoy the sense of calmness it brings over me. 

2. Football Season
           I think it would almost be sacrilegious to say you love Fall and not include football in reasons as to why you love it. I am kind of partial because I go to a school where football is a huge cultural aspect of the community. On game days our whole campus basically becomes a huge tailgate, and all you here are people cheering on our Tigers, and to be honest I absolutely love the atmosphere of it! There is just sooo much to look forward to during football season, and nothing beats standing on the hill and watching our boys run down the hill in anticipation of the game! 
3. Pumpkin Spice Lattes
            Nothing says fall is here more than the day that Pumpkin Spice Lattes return to Starbucks. I absolutely coffee, and Starbucks, but I become a frequent customer during the fall because I love their pumpkin spice latte, and their salted caramel mocha both of which are only around during the fall so I make sure to get my fill on them while I can. Is it only me that is this obsessed with these fall specials?

4. Its Boot Season
              As the leaves change the temperature cools and little toes start getting chilly, which means boots come out from the very back of the closet and become a daily staple in my wardrobe weather I wear it with a cute dress and tights, or if I tuck my jeans into them. Boots are so versatile and super comfortable to wear booking it across campus for classes and meetings. (keep in mind that all the boots I own have no heels, Clemson's campus is in a very hilly terrain making heels impossible to wear to classes) What is your shoe preference during the fall?
5. Pumpkins
      One of my favorite traditions with Cole is to carve pumpkins together, so I always look forward to it every fall! Last year when we carved pumpkins we ended up planting the pumpkin seeds to see if we could grow some pumpkins this year! (good news, our pumpkin plant is growing, bad news, we don't have any pumpkins on it yet...) To me pumpkins are a staple to Fall, and it wouldn't be Fall without them. 
6. Wearing Scarves
      I love how a simple scarf can make a whole outfit look completely different, and Fall is when I get to introduce them back into my wardrobe, cause lets be honest it is way way way too hot to wear a scarf from March through August down south. Scarves are almost as much of a staple to fall as boots are. I am especially excited to wear them this fall because I just bought a few new scarves this summer on a great clearance sale.
7. Many, Many Bonfires
          To me the official start of fall is when it is finally cool enough at night to have a bonfire! My group of friends try to have bonfires quite often during the fall, so bonfires have sort of become a bonding experience, and a symbolism of friendship with us. Those bonfires always lead to long nights, and some crazy memories. Those memories are some of the first things I think of when the Fall season comes to mind. I am excited to have the first bonfire for the year soon, and create some more insane memories!

8. Offroading
        With Fall comes the unofficial start of offroading season. The boys offroad all year round but for me Fall marks the start of the actual offroading season because the summer is way too hot to spend the whole day riding up a mountain in a vehicle that has no insulation and poor air circulation. Also the Fall has the best mountain views so it leads to the best photographs too!

9. Hiking and Camping
           Two of my favorite things to do are hiking and camping, and the kind of go hand in hand with each other. Normally if we go camping we do some sort of hiking as well.Of course fall is my favorite time to do both of them because it is cooler and just like offroading the views are the best during the fall cause of all the beautiful foliage. 
10. Roasting Marshmallows
          I am strange and I don't like marshmallows unless they are toasted, if they are toasted I love them, so obviously just like bonfires they are a must during the fall since you need a fire to make them. I also am strange and I don't really like s'mores, I would much rather just eat the toasted marshmallow.

11. The State Fair
         Another huge staple to my Fall musts (and reasons I love Fall) is the South Carolina State Fair. The State Fair is always held during mid-October every year. I love the atmosphere of the fair, its so fun! Plus the food is sooo bad for you but its soooooo good, and since its only once a year I make sure I get all my favorites (cotton candy, frisk fries, lemonade, funnel cake/elephant ear, and sooo much more!). Every year they have a whole bunch of concerts too for pretty cheap which is awesome (last year I got to see STYX and Skillet there, and this year I am going to O.A.R)! There seriously is something to do for everyone at the fair too, there are always shows, and performances, of course rides, exhibits and so much more. It is a fall MUST for me to go! 

What about you, what are you fall staples you can't live without?!





         
 

No comments:

Post a Comment