Thursday, July 5, 2012

My Birthday Extravaganza ~ Part 1


I decided since it was such a huge birthday I was going to treat myself and take Thursday and Friday off of work. Anna and I made plans in January to go to Charleston, SC to celebrate my 21st together with Cole, and some of my other friends. We seriously booked our hotel rooms in January, because we wanted to be close to downtown so that no one had to drink and drive. Not to mention downtown Charleston is absolutely gorgeous. The architecture, the history, the greenery, the shops everything is breathtaking. Anyways of course Anna got a job in Virginia a few months ago, so it was super great that she was able to come down still and celebrate. Anyways we booked two really nice rooms in one of the nicer hotels down there, for two nights. Friday morning we drove down to Charleston. When we got down there we met up with my brother and went out for lunch at a Mexican restaurant and filled up on delicious frozen peach margaritas. Everyone started trickling into Charleston and we all met up at the hotel to check in. So, Anna is freaking amazing and made this awesome game for me to do over the whole weekend. Basically the game is there were 21 clues/challenges, and each time I finished one I got a puzzle piece….and all the clues had something to do with me personally, our friendship or just normal Charleston traditions. It was really awesome and it gave all of us stuff to do during the random lulls in the weekend.
I have no clue why buy I love this one, its so candid
Nichole, Me, Anna and Bethany

Friday night we traveled down to the Southend Brewery for dinner. (the southend brewery is literally a beer brewery that is also a very nice and yummmmmy restaurant). While we were there I attempted to do a couple challenges, and our waiter totally helped me with one of them. One of the challenges was to find 21 purple and green things (because they are my favorite color) and when he brought our checks I asked if he possibly had anything green or purple and he seriously came back with three things, a purple calculator, a green crayon and a purple pool stick chalk, It was awesome!  At the end of dinner the waiter brought out an amazing birthday brownie for me, but I ended up wearing the ice cream thanks to my brother :P We get a picture in front of the restaurants sign, and I made friends with a huge gorgeous great dane named Breaker….His owner probably thought I was wasted. To follow we went on a hunt for a cannoli, and bought some pralines (both part of my challenges).

Glenn and Cole, this sums them up pretty well! 

The whole group under the Southend Brewery sign

Me and Breaker, cutest dog ever! 

Yummy Cannoli, not as good as Mike's in Boston though! 


We ended up going back to the hotel room for a little bit, a few friends came by for a little bit. We ended up doing a few more challenges while we were in the room. We had to drink a bottle of rum and we also all each ate 21 sour patch kids all at once….and man I think that ruined sour patch kids for me… but it was fun. Several people ended up falling asleep soooooo Glenn (my brother), Cole, my roommate Nichole and I all went to a bar called Mad River, it seriously is a bar that used to be a church! We finally went back to the hotel and went to bed around 3.

All 21 Purple and green things I collected this weekend
 including the things from the waiter

The bottle of rum we all drank together
*if you like this post read part 2! 

No comments:

Post a Comment