Sunday, December 15, 2013

Mid-Carolina Jeepers - Annual Uwharrie Ride

         I finished my semester early Friday morning...I had a take home test that took a lifetime to finish! Anyways I met up with a few friends Friday morning and we met up with the Mid-Carolina Jeepers Club to head up to Uwharrie National Forest to spend the weekend wheeling. The trip has become an annual one, that happens every December. This year was Cole and My third year going. I actually rode up to Uwharrie with one of our friends because I was in Columbia, and Cole met up with us Friday night after he got off work.
        Friday once we got there we actually got to go and wheel in a new place. The place is basically a man made training center for military and newbie wheelers, it is a guided trip. The trails were simple, and the guides were a bit inexperienced, but it was still a lot of fun! It was my first time riding with someone other than Cole offroad, and it was definitely very different. We headed to camp when we finished and made tent and dinner. Once Cole got there I went to bed. I was completely exhausted! Thank god I had a warm, warm sleeping bag, because I slept so well!
          Saturday we spent the whole day wheeling. We literally got up, made pancakes and sausage at camp, then hit the trails. We started the day on the toughest trail. Watching different jeeps and vehicles taking on the same trail is definitely a lot of fun. It is really interesting to see how each person handles the same obstacle in different ways. This trip was pretty good, nobody broke anything to detrimentally important. Everyone had a good time, it was just pretty wet. It rained most of the day.
 
I love this girl. So glad she goes on these trips! 

Me and my sweet Boo

Sam's Jeep, rocking its Christmas Wreath
(photos courtesy of Deidre, me dearest, bestest friend!) 

            Fortunately the rain let up, literally as soon as we headed to camp. Unfortunately all the rain flooded literally almost everyone's tents. My clothes got soaked...our tent had standing puddles...our sleeping bags were damp. We all learned pretty quickly that some of the jeeps were pretty good dryers. Cole and I dried our tent out, and put our newly warm and dry stuff back in the tent. This morning we cleaned up and packed up camp. Then headed to the Outpost where we gassed up, aired up, and ate up. Then we all headed home.
            All in all it was a great weekend, even though it was cold, wet and muddy! Sometimes weekends like that are fun.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment