Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Tis the Season {My Want To-Do List}

            I love, love, love the holiday season. It is literally my favorite time of the year. I don't know about you guys but my holiday "Want To-Do List" is always a mile long, and more often than not Cole and I don't get to do all of them. I want to share with you a list of all the possible fun ideas (including some obvious ones) to try out this holiday season .


My Holiday Want To-Do List 

1. Buy an Advent Calendar to Countdown the Days til December 25th 
 Cole and I always buy a German one from World Market, because advent Calendars are a German Tradition, and German chocolate is the absolute best chocolate!

2.  Pick a tree out and put it up 
or put up your artificial one, either one is a lot of fun.

3. Trim your tree 
This is one of my favorite things to do! 

4. Decorate your home 
garland, lights, candles, glitter, pull out all the stops!

5.  Decorate Stockings
Buy plain ones and added your names, or designs to them, we bought some from the dollar store last year that say "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays" on them and painted our dogs names on them with puff paint.

6. Find or make sweet outfits for your pets to wear on Christmas day, or for your family photo 
 I am excited to show you guys what I got for Dusk and Cali, and what I made for Cali. 

7. Go to a Christmas Parade
Just about every city/town has one, and the best part is that it's a great FREE date! There is one parade in the Columbia area at night, and all the floats and people are dawning bright amazing Christmas lights! 

8. Go to Starbucks for a Holiday Special 
My favorite is the Caramel Brulee Latte!  Or hit a local coffee shop. 

9. Have a Christmas Movie Marathon 
Some of my favorite movies are The Grinch (both the cartoon and the real one...They are must sees in our house), The Polar Express, and Elf. 

10. Go see the Nutcracker
Go see a local ballet company preform it. 

11. Go Ice Skating
It is even better if you can go to an outdoor Ice Rink, Greenville, SC and Columbia, SC have seasonal outdoor Ice Rinks

12. Bake Christmas Cookies
This is a tradition in our house. We always make sugar cookies, and spend hours decorating them with different colored icings and various kinds of sprinkles. 

13. Drive around to see all the Christmas lights 
I personally hate doing outdoor decorations, so I love going for a drive to see all the beautiful lights around the town. 

14. Do a Gift Exchange with your friends/family 
This is a great way to enjoy time with those you love. 

15. Host a Holiday Party 
Cole and I are hosting our first Christmas event this year, and I couldn't be more excited. 

16. Go see a Christmas Pageant
Growing up one of my favorite activities during the holiday season was being in the church Christmas Pageant. Now that I am older I enjoy being in the audience. 

17. Check out a local holiday event 
In Columbia, SC the zoo has an event called Lights Before Christmas, where they open the zoo at night, and the entire zoo is decorated completely in lights, Santa is there to visit children, and it's completed with fake snow, and marshmallows by an open fire. 

18. Enjoy a fire in your newly decorated fireplace
complete with hot chocolate and roasting marshmallows. 

19. Go shopping and Donate a Toy to an organization
We generally do Toys for Tots or the Angel Tree. 

20. Pick a price point, and go stocking stuffer shopping 
One of my favorite things to do is buy a silly, childish toy for Cole's stocking...Last year Cole got one of those silly straws that is a pair of glasses. 

21. Take Christmas Photos - Set your camera on a timer or grab a friend to operate your camera and have photos taken of you and your family in front of your tree. 

22. Spend an Afternoon making homemade gifts 
Cole and I like to make homemade gifts. We have painted canvases and baked treats in the past. 

23. Blare the Holiday Music 
I love playing the Holiday Channel on iHeartRadio. 

24. Make homemade home Decorations
like snowflakes, paper garland or popcorn garland. 

25. Spend an afternoon wrapping gifts together 
Gift wrapping is awfully boring when you are by yourself, doing it together is way more fun...just be sure to wrap your gifts for one another separately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment