Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Random Update on My Life

Well this is going to be a quick update post...very short, because I am procrastinating and I really need to get back to studying for my finals.

1. I am officially an Engineer in Training or an EIT for short...meaning I am one step closer to being a Professional Engineer (AKA a PE). It doesn't sound like a big deal, and it's really not because there are so many steps that still need to be taken to become a PE. However to become a EIT you have to be a senior at an ABET accredited university for Engineering and you have to pass the Fundamental of Engineering Exam. Again sounds simple..however the exam is an 8 hour exam. 8 grueling hours of pure mathematical, scientific and engineering torture. The first 4 hours of the exam covers the basics of engineering and then the last 4 hours covers your specific discipline. There is literally too much information to study to feel completely prepared for the test. I went in thinking I would FAIL, I left feeling like I was dead, and that I FAILED it. Well Friday I got an email saying my status had been updated on the website...and to my surprise when I opened my account the little green four letter word PASS was listed beside my status. I was excited beyond words! Now to be considered a PE I just have to work under a PE for a mere 4 years, oh and torture myself with another Exam. I look forward to that day...

2. It's FINALS week. My seventh Finals week. Fall Finals are way way harder to focus on than Spring ones, because all I can think about is Christmas, Friends, Family and Fun...I just have a few more days...and 4 test between me and all those things I hold so dearly. 

3. Funny story. Saw a dude in the library with a legitimate 12 cup coffee pot set up and brewing, along with a 12 pack of coke zero, and a whole bunch of snack packs of chips...somebody was doing some serious studying. Finals brings out the crazy in everyone.

4. I had a mini panic attack earlier today...thinking I had missed an exam...its not for another three years. Phewwww. It has been a very busy week. my mind is getting all sorts of scattered.

I hope you all are doing well. If you are suffering through finals, Good Luck. If you're not consider yourself lucky. I cant wait to go home after I finish my last final and cuddle my sweet pup, and sip hot chocolate and watch Christmas movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment