Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"My Truck is Gone"

           Since I have been on Christmas break, I have been staying at Cole's parents' house so that Cole and I can spend as much time as possible together while we are in the same town. Our routine is staying up as late as possible to spend time together, go to bed, Cole wakes me up when he leaves for work to tell me bye, and I sleep until I wake up...(I am attempting to catch up on all the sleep I lost last semester) 
          Monday morning I was woken up to Cole grumbling to me "My truck is gone" first thing in the morning instead of waking up to Cole saying goodbye and giving me my normal sweet kiss. It took a second to register, but when it finally clicked, I was hoping out of bed and walking into Cole's upsetting reality. While we were sleeping someone stole Cole's truck from right in front of his parents house, and all sorts of terrible scenarios and questions were running through our heads...Would the cops ever find the truck? The truck is probably scrapped, or parted out. If the truck was found, would it be fixable?  How long will it be before we hear anything? Is the truck wrecked somewhere? Is the asshole who stole it gonna be caught? Is something else going to be stolen? The day was filled with stress, worry and anger. The day literally felt like weeks, it dragged on and on and on. 
          That night while we were sleeping the dogs went ballistic  I woke up to them barking and I honestly thought, holy crap something else is getting stolen...but that wasn't the case at all! A cop actually was at the door at 3:30 am to inform us that the truck was found, that it was undriveable and that they needed to know weather Cole wanted them to process the truck, and have CSI dust for prints. Cole of course wanted it processed, and the truck is still being processed by the police. We are hoping that they can catch the rotten person who took it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment