Thursday, January 24, 2013

Shine a Light

      This week has in general been a rough week, between working late, trying to work out daily and my lack of sleep I am honestly exhausted! This week has also dragged on...It seems like every time Cole is coming to visit the week before seems like eternity...and then as soon as he gets up here the weekend flies by. It's actually rather depressing. So the weeks before Cole visits I'm always in a weird funk, I'm excited for the weekend, but I normally have a depressingly long and stressful week. This week is no different so when I was walking out of work today and saw the sky all I could think was "well isn't this a little ray of sunshine in a bleak boring week" The sky was absolutely breathtaking, and it certainly changed my tune. The moon was bright and high in the sky way before it was dusk, and the sunset was vivid, full of burning oranges, yellows and reds as well as beautiful blues and purples. I am a sunset and sunrise fanatic, they just make me stop in my tracks and stare for a moment. When I see an especially gorgeous one my mind always thanks god for such beauty, I can't help to think how grateful I am for the path my life has take, and sunrises truly are an instant mood changer for me. Seeing beauty in nature always makes me see my day in a new positive perspective, and I can't explain why. I have been feeling so down and negative this week that it was almost like this sunset was there for a reason today :) Needless to say I am in a much better mood, and I am looking forward to tomorrow and spending the weekend with Cole!

The moon, tonight...
I couldn't believe how bright it was

And the sunset :) 

Ohhh on an added note, Dusk (who never even wants to be near me at night) literally slept right beside me all night last night, which made me super happy. I don't know why but I love snuggling with him! He is just so adorable, and warm, and fuzzy, and did I mention adorable?! He also has decided recently that my pillows are his to lounge on.
My cutie thinking he owns the bed

No comments:

Post a Comment