Thursday, November 21, 2013

Photography Gallery Final

           My photography class ended this week. For our final in the class we had to submit two pieces, and attend a photography gallery of our work and other classes work at a local coffee shop. The photographs will be displayed through the end of the year at the shop, and are up for sale.Which is super cool!

The two pieces I submitted in the Gallery. They are very, very different from one another...but two of my favorites from the semester. 


            I am actually kind of disappointed that the class is over though. I feel like I learned so much about myself, using my camera and my personal shooting style. I personally think it is hard to explore and learn it on your own, because the tough assignments in class that you wouldn't necessarily pick to do yourself are the ones I feel you learn the most from. It was also great to have a professional around to guide you if you needed it, and also provide feedback. I want to continue practicing and learning so, I guess, I need to find subjects to shoot. I also definitely need to continue challenging myself with different ideas and types of photography.

            I personally have enjoyed abstract, nature and portrait photography the most this semester. I think it will be interesting to see how my likes an dislikes develop as I continue on the photography journey. I am also definitely going to try my hand at offroad photography, because, honestly it's at my fingertips with it being my fiance's job and hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment