Friday, November 15, 2013

Thankful Series (Post 3)

It is hard to believe that this month is half way over, 
I only have 10 more days of classes for the semester! 
I have been struggling the past few weeks with some personal decisions...
So this thankful post is coming at the perfect time. 
Bring me out of the funk, 
and remind me of all the wonderful things I have in my life. 

  1. I am thankful to have the opportunity to study Civil Engineering  for an undergraduate degree at Clemson University. Attending Clemson has been a dream come true. I have learned so much, and grown just as much during the time I have spent here. Being a student at Clemson has opened up many doors for me, and I will forever be grateful for what I have experienced and learned the last 5 years. Clemson University is an amazing place of higher education with an amazingly beautiful campus, with a little something special. The best way to explain the feeling that students feel about Clemson is definitely the infamous Joe Sherman quote: 

“There is something in these hills that brings together and binds together and holds together men and women of all persuasions, of all heights, sizes, weights, and cultural backgrounds - something that cuts across every difference, spans every gap, penetrates every wall - something that makes a man or a woman stand taller, feel better and say with a high pride to all within earshot, "I went to Clemson."
There is something in these hills that you and I can't define and others can't understand. A wave of warmth always surges through me when "outsiders" say, "I don't know what it is about you Clemson people, but your undying love for Clemson is admired by everyone I know."

2. I am very, very thankful for the wonderful support system I have through my friends. My friends are truly amazing and so very different from one another. I am graced with friends from all walks of life, and I couldn't be more grateful for it! My friends add joy to my life, keep me anchored and are as honest as they come. To me having a few amazing close friends is way more satisfying than having a bunch of decent friends. 

3. My siblings! I am beyond thankful for my siblings. Growing up I was just a big pain in their asses, because I was much younger than them. They double teamed me, gave me a hard time, and teased me. Now I am a much stronger person thanks to their tough love. Funny story, my brother taught me how to ride a bicycle... by threatening to beat me up if I didn't get on my bike and ride it. Thankfully now my siblings are much nicer, and I can honestly say they are two of my best friends. They encourage me and support me in all of the decisions I make. I don't get to see them often, so the time I do get to spend with them now I cherish a lot!

4. I am very thankful that I have had the opportunity to travel both in the US and abroad. I love experiencing new cultures and meeting new people. I am most grateful to have had the chance to participate in a German Exchange program while I was in high school. It was definitely one of the best experience of my life! I have a life long friend from that trip, and a ton of amazing memories that will never be forgotten. I can honestly say that, that was the trip that gave me the travel bug. I cannot wait to see more of the world! 

5. My Grandma! Grammy is the most amazing person in the entire world! I can't imagine my life with out her. She is the strongest person I know, and definitely the person I admire the most. I cherish every moment I get to spend with her. She is encouraging, wise, and honest. She has been a very influential person and my life, and I am so thankful for her support and encouragement my entire life.


Much Love,
Stacey

Feel free to comment below. What are you thankful for? Who has been the biggest influence in your life?

Follow the Poppies Puppies and Pearls blog on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment