Friday, November 22, 2013

Running (or lack there of)

          About two years ago I was religiously running everyday while I was working full time with a company as a co-op student. When I started running back then I could barely run an eighth of a mile, but I stuck with it and got farther and farther. In fact one weekend that summer Dusk and I took on a challenge of running the equivalent distance of a 5k, because my goal was to start running 5ks.
           Well since then I went back to being a full time student, and did another rotation of co-op work (however I took class too) so life caught up with me and I stopped running religiously....well running at all. When I get stressed I am awful about letting my workout, and house keeping schedules slip. So as this semester is winding down I am going to slip my running shoes back on and start hitting the pavement religiously again. This semester I have been walking a lot more, and jogging randomly but I wasn't making it a priority until now.
             Today since I have no school on Fridays I spend the day normally working on school work, or clean the house or I am just absolutely lazy and take a day off and veg out, if the rest of the week was ultra stressful. Well today was the later of the three...I had a rough test week. However Dusk and I did go out for a walk/jog. I am pretty out of shape, breathing wise...I lose my breath before my body gets anywhere near being tired. So instead of just jogging for a few minutes and heading home Dusk and I started out with a nice jog, walked a bit and had intermittent running or jogging. Today we went all the way to campus and back to the house, which is a little over 4 miles total. (needless to say Dusk has been passed out the rest of the night!) So although I was disappointed in my breathing I am proud we went so far. I am looking forward to pushing us more, distance wise, and time spent running.

       What is your best running advice? What is your favorite way to run (with music, with your dog, with a running buddy, ect.)?

Much love,
Stacey and Dusk
{go like The Poppies, Puppies and Pearls Blog on Facebook!}

No comments:

Post a Comment