Thursday, January 30, 2014

Exciting Announcement {Poppies, Puppies and Pearls Photography}

          I got a DSLR camera several years ago. Over those several years my love for photography has grown immensely I have grown a lot as a photographer. I seriously started out only using Auto on my camera, complete waste of the capabilities of the camera. Now I shoot exclusively in manual mode, and the difference it makes is amazing. Between taking a photography class, and experimenting on my own I truly have developed a pure enjoyment in photography. Personally I think one of the best feeling in the world is getting a perfect shot straight out of the camera, I love knowing that I took such an amazing shot that it doesn't need edited. That is my goal for every photo, a great photo doesn't need to be edited, however lighting does not always cooperate.  I still have a lot to learn but, I have been juggling the idea of starting up a photography business for a while. After debating it internally for a while, I decided to get opinions of the people closest to me...while I got a few negative reactions, and the normal "what are your going to do with your degree?" and similar questions*, for the most part I was getting positive support and encouragement. With that encouragement I spent a few days prepping past images, and developing a business plan, and Facebook page.

                I am really excited to announce that last night I launched the Poppies, Puppies and Pearls Photography business. I am located in Clemson, SC. However I am open to traveling. Go check out the Facebook page, give it a like, browse the photos, and contact me via the Facebook page or email me at esselstacey@gmail.com for scheduling, pricing or questions.

With this new transition, the photography page on my blog will be transitioning soon to be my business site.        


        * In response to the comments I have gotten about wasting 5 years in college (8 semesters of classes and two rotations working at a engineering firm as a co-op), and all I needed was a camera, or the "your still gonna use your degree right?" questions. Those of you who said this I would hope you know me well enough to know I am going to still use my degree, I am still going to try and obtain a full time job in the field of civil engineering, or use my degree in some way. Regardless I have not wasted five years in college, and the decision to go the college was my own, and the thousands of dollars of debt I face are my own. What I do with my degree, or what I do as a career is ultimately my decision. I am a stubborn determined person who doesn't accept failure well, which is what has gotten me through the 8 semesters of civil engineering curriculum at one of the best engineering schools in the nation, and I will continue to face life with the same stubborn determination. 
       
           

No comments:

Post a Comment