Friday, January 24, 2014

Five Things Friday {Post 3}

     I hope everyone has had a great week, and has stayed warm. I live in the south and I am freezing with this weather right now. Where I live it is cold, but the worst part is the cutting wind. I think my nose or fingers may freeze off. Thankful my fingers are still functioning at the moment so I can give my five things I have been obsessing over this week. 

Hot Drinks: This is a no brainer...it's freezing (like below freezing temperatures here) and literally the best thing to counteract the freezing of my extremities is to suck down a steaming hot drink. My go to drinks right now are the Celestial tea assortment box (I like the vanilla honey chamomile, a lot.) and of course coffee. (Today I had a vanilla flavored coffee with a bit of cinnamon in it, and it was delightful!)   
Aerie's New Campaign: Uhm I don't know if you have seen this, or heard about it. Its the Aerie Real Campaign, where they are using models of all sizes, with no retouching. I applaud them for making a point to provide positive views of woment being all sizes, shapes, colors. No retouching means that they don't remove beauty marks, they don't camouflage tattoos, blemishes, imperfections or stretch-marks.  I hope that this campaign is a step towards the media being more accepting of real women's bodies, and flaws.

Charlotte Russe Sale {5, 10, 15}: Ok, Charlotte Russe is my guilty pleasure...especially during the spring. they have the cutest summer dresses. This past week they were having a $5, $10, $15 sale. I seriously bought 5 things for less than $30. My order unfortunately is stuck in a winter storm...boo! Anyways I am excited for it to get here, I am so in love with everything that I ordered. I especially wish the fur-lined leggings I ordered were here so I could be wearing them in this insane frigid weather. 

The Tie Bar: This site is amazing. I ordered all the guys ties for the wedding from here (and Cole's bowtie). I am obsessed. For one, the site has an amazing selection, it seriously took me forever to finally pick the perfect ones because there were just so many beautiful designs to choose from. I also am completely obsessed with the reasonable prices. I kid you not, literally every tie, and bowtie is a mere $15 which is more than half the price of a tie from any department store. I am so ready for these bad boys to come in so I can see them in person! 

Elf Make-up: I have always been a fan of Elf brand make up but I have a new found love for it this week. On a whim I bought a few new elf products, and I honestly love them all. My absolute favorite right now is the cream eyeliner...it was literally $2, it goes on so easily (with the little eyeliner brush that came with it), and it stays on ALL day long. I am beyond impressed with it. 

I think I am going to try and do a haul video of all the things I have bought lately, including the Charlotte Russe stuff,  and the Elf make up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment