Friday, January 31, 2014

January Recap

      If I had to choose one word to describe January I would probably choose transition. January acted as a transition month for quite a few things.

The obvious one, it was the transition into the new year. Mine and Cole's wedding year to be exact. Only 8 more months.

The transition into my last semester of college, which has been a bigger transition than I expected. I went from a test heavy semester last year with a ton of reading and homework to a very project heavy semester this year with limited homework and tests. It has definitely required some adjusting.

The transition back to having classes on fridays, which has been easier than I thought it would be. I only have two classes on fridays so I sort of just waste time/study/do homework on campus the rest of the day. Definitely more productive now.

My own internal transitions, coming to terms with the fact that I will be a college grad soon with no "real" job as people like to remind me.

Finally the transition from photography being a hobby to a business.

I don't know about you, but I tend to deal with transition well, as long as I know exactly what I am transitioning to. However if I am transitioning into an uncharted, uncertain future I definitely tend to over stress myself, freak out and put myself in a somewhat state of terror. This month especially I have been set into a bit of panic, job searching tends to do that to me. I would prefer to have a job when I graduate, so I have been hunting jobs since Christmas break, with no such luck. Obviously it is still early, and I have plenty of time to find one still, but the idea of being unemployed automatically correlates to unsuccessful in my brain. Which I know it shouldn't, a lot of people struggle finding their first jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment